Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Rundown: Vichy is The Shit

Well now, truthfully I don't know much about beauty products and the only time I wear make up is if I'm going out to an event of some sort.  I don't wear any foundation, primer or anything on my face besides slight eye makeup, lipgloss and maybe a little blush on a good day. Do false eyelashes count as make up? No idea, maybe it's more like a prop. 

Anyhow, I thought I'd let you in on a little beauty secret of mine when it comes to my skin.  Basically, I use an exfoliating cleanser, however I'm not particularly loyal to any brand. Currently right now it's Neutrogena of some sort. BUT, I can honestly swear by these 2 products below! I have no idea what it is about Vichy's Thermal Spa Water Spray but it's the shit.  Apparently it's bottled at the source from a spring in the town of Vichy, France and is exceptionally rich in rare minerals. All I know is that since I've been using it over the past year, my skin has less breakouts and has a smooth natural glow with an even complexion. Gimmick? I dunno man, if it is, don't tell me!

So anyways, after I wash my face, I pat it dry and then spray it on my face. After a few seconds, I then dab a bit of Vichy's Aqualia Antiox "Youthful Deoxidising 24Hr Hydrating Cream" (mouthful yes I know). I only use a very light amount as my face is still damp from the spray so the cream blends in nicely. 

That's my morning and nightly routine. Pretty low maintenace but it works wonders for me! It's not too costly either.  The thermal spray is around $12-$15 depending on where you buy it and the hydrating cream is around $35. Both last me a few months so it's a good buy. 

Bonus, Shopper's Drug Mart is having a 20% off sale on Vichy Products but I have no idea until when. 



No comments:

Post a Comment